This is a strong, dynamic class based on the Ashtanga Primary Series but with particular emphasis on strength, breath and hip work bringing in extra asanas and core work. Suitable for Improvers through to Intermediate.
What to expect in our Ashtanga Fusion class
- Based on the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series this class will add in extra core work, strength and arm balances often looking at jumping through with extra vinyasas.
- Expect to work hard and be challenged as we pack a lot in.
- Great if you want to get stronger and with extra stretches for flexibility.
- Our main focus in this class is teaching from the breath which allows for a calmness and focus even when things get challenging.
- The class continues to build on the foundations from the Beginners Yoga and will enhance strength, flexibility and stamina
Benefits of Ashtanga Fusion
- Develop your breath to encourage a flowing energy to your yoga practice.
- A yoga practice like this develops all round health, flexibility, strength and balance.
- This class will energise you and help you develop a sense of physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
Need to Know
- Wednesdays, 6.30-7.30pm with Sarah
- Sundays- Check schedule
- Perfect for students who are developing their Yoga practice or those who have been attending our Beginners Yoga regularly for at least 3 months and who are practicing at least twice a week.
- Please discuss any injuries or medical conditions with the teacher prior to starting class.
- Not suitable for pregnancy as there is a lot of core work in this class
Revive and Relax– Saturday 22nd May 12pm-2pm
A full Body Rolling experience including feet, legs, torso and face. All levels welcome. Equipment provided. Discover a more deeply relaxed, centred, aligned and tension free self in this fantastic workshop. we start from the feet and work our way up using different sized balls. We finish with a 20 minute face sequence and a deep relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat, a pillow and a blanket with you.
The Pelvis Part 1- Saturday 5th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on bones, lifting and spreading and activation
The Pelvis Part 2- Saturday 26th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on muscles around pelvis and into hips
. Join Nichi for this very important Yamuna Body Rolling Work. Working on the pelvis allows for many other areas of the body to also change and realign.You will find that the sides of the pelvis are never aligned with each other,
*because people use them differently. These differences are what cause the many types of imbalance that result in pain and chronic pelvic and hip problems.
* People almost always bear more weight into one side of the pelvis than the other.
* One hip is usually higher than the other.
*One hip is farther back or farther forward than the other.
* Other habitual postural patterns, as well as patterns in work, sports, and hobbies, also contribute to pelvis imbalances.
Additional contributing factors:
* Pregnancies and postpartum conditions of the pelvis
In addition, chronic weight-bearing from the upper body—whether correctly aligned or
not—exerts excessive pressure down into the pelvis.
Pelvis work is as important for both men and women. It will help maintain a solid pelvic foundation throughout life. The hips are one area where people often get stuck. The routines that follow address the areas of the pelvis
that take the most impact during standing, walking, and running, and where it is easiest to access the bone and improve its quality.
In both workshops we will start with foot alignment and activation as it is important to realign the feet first.
Book All 3 Workshops for only £45 or 1 workshop for £20. Just choose the first workshop and select pass.Purchase Purchase Purchase