For ladies in their 2nd and third trimester this class is designed specifically for your pregnancy and is suitable for beginners. This class will nurture and support you throughout your pregnancy. You couldn’t be in better hands, Krissy is a mum of 3 and has been teaching Pregnancy and postnatal Yoga for over 14 years.
What to expect in our Pregnancy Yoga class
- Before each class begins, the tutor will talk individually to each woman to help assess your individual needs and help you to tailor the yoga practice accordingly.
- The class is a mixture of gentle yoga postures, pelvic floor exercises, breathing practices useful for birth and mindfulness, all designed to support your pregnancy journey
What are the benefits of Pregnancy Yoga
- Pregnancy yoga attends to common complaints felt during pregnancy, such as back ache, heartburn and pelvic girdle pain
- Gives you tools useful for birth.
- Step out of your busy life and find the time to connect with your body and baby.
- Feel the benefits of breathing more deeply.
- Helps you move with greater ease, using postures that help you feel more spacious and relaxed.
- Attending regularly throughout your pregnancy will help you to feel more relaxed, calmer and confident about your pregnancy and birth.
- Whenever you come and at whatever stage of your pregnancy you are, you will feel the benefits of pregnancy yoga
- Classes back from 20th May– Thursdays 6.15pm-.7.30pm. Please contact Krissy for One to Ones
- The pregnancy yoga class is suitable from 14 weeks until full term and for all experience and abilities of yoga, including complete beginners. Pregnancy is a very special time and the classes seek to respect and honour this with a special practise of yoga that aims to support the body on its own unique journey through the many changes that pregnancy brings and in preparation for childbirth
- About Krissy: Mum of 3 Krissy has been teaching pregnancy yoga at the studio since we opened in 2004!! Her gentle and reassuring manner and her extensive knowledge of yoga, pregnancy and parenting will help guide and support you at this exciting and wondrous time. You can contact her if you have any questions. She is always happy to help
Revive and Relax– Saturday 22nd May 12pm-2pm
A full Body Rolling experience including feet, legs, torso and face. All levels welcome. Equipment provided. Discover a more deeply relaxed, centred, aligned and tension free self in this fantastic workshop. we start from the feet and work our way up using different sized balls. We finish with a 20 minute face sequence and a deep relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat, a pillow and a blanket with you.
The Pelvis Part 1- Saturday 5th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on bones, lifting and spreading and activation
The Pelvis Part 2- Saturday 26th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on muscles around pelvis and into hips
. Join Nichi for this very important Yamuna Body Rolling Work. Working on the pelvis allows for many other areas of the body to also change and realign.You will find that the sides of the pelvis are never aligned with each other,
*because people use them differently. These differences are what cause the many types of imbalance that result in pain and chronic pelvic and hip problems.
* People almost always bear more weight into one side of the pelvis than the other.
* One hip is usually higher than the other.
*One hip is farther back or farther forward than the other.
* Other habitual postural patterns, as well as patterns in work, sports, and hobbies, also contribute to pelvis imbalances.
Additional contributing factors:
* Pregnancies and postpartum conditions of the pelvis
In addition, chronic weight-bearing from the upper body—whether correctly aligned or
not—exerts excessive pressure down into the pelvis.
Pelvis work is as important for both men and women. It will help maintain a solid pelvic foundation throughout life. The hips are one area where people often get stuck. The routines that follow address the areas of the pelvis
that take the most impact during standing, walking, and running, and where it is easiest to access the bone and improve its quality.
In both workshops we will start with foot alignment and activation as it is important to realign the feet first.
Book All 3 Workshops for only £45 or 1 workshop for £20. Just choose the first workshop and select pass.Purchase Purchase Purchase