This is a therapeutic class focusing on relaxation through held poses, Pranayama and breathing techniques. Deeply relaxing and rejuvenating. Suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Restorative Yoga class
- This is a therapeutic yoga class suitable for all levels, beginners to advanced as we all need time to slow down.
- Based on Hatha Yoga, most of the poses are floor based and supported. Your only focus in the class is to really let go, be present and focus on the breath.
- You will be supported in postures using props and bolsters so you are always very comfortable enabling your body (and nervous system) to completely relax.
What are the benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Tired? Need a pick me up? Come to this class
- This can be a wonderful class if your energy is low and generally you are feeling out of sorts.
- The postures are designed to restore health and vitality and can be so restful you will feel like you have had a sleep.
- It will restore balance and harmony in your body, and maybe even your life
- Every last Friday of the Month with Gerry in studio and on zoom 7.15-8.15pm
- Upcoming dates- Friday 30th April, Friday June 25th, Friday 30th July
- This class is suitable for everyone
- Please bring blankets, cushions and a yoga mat with you and wear socks.
Revive and Relax– Saturday 22nd May 12pm-2pm
A full Body Rolling experience including feet, legs, torso and face. All levels welcome. Equipment provided. Discover a more deeply relaxed, centred, aligned and tension free self in this fantastic workshop. we start from the feet and work our way up using different sized balls. We finish with a 20 minute face sequence and a deep relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat, a pillow and a blanket with you.
The Pelvis Part 1- Saturday 5th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on bones, lifting and spreading and activation
The Pelvis Part 2- Saturday 26th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on muscles around pelvis and into hips
. Join Nichi for this very important Yamuna Body Rolling Work. Working on the pelvis allows for many other areas of the body to also change and realign.You will find that the sides of the pelvis are never aligned with each other,
*because people use them differently. These differences are what cause the many types of imbalance that result in pain and chronic pelvic and hip problems.
* People almost always bear more weight into one side of the pelvis than the other.
* One hip is usually higher than the other.
*One hip is farther back or farther forward than the other.
* Other habitual postural patterns, as well as patterns in work, sports, and hobbies, also contribute to pelvis imbalances.
Additional contributing factors:
* Pregnancies and postpartum conditions of the pelvis
In addition, chronic weight-bearing from the upper body—whether correctly aligned or
not—exerts excessive pressure down into the pelvis.
Pelvis work is as important for both men and women. It will help maintain a solid pelvic foundation throughout life. The hips are one area where people often get stuck. The routines that follow address the areas of the pelvis
that take the most impact during standing, walking, and running, and where it is easiest to access the bone and improve its quality.
In both workshops we will start with foot alignment and activation as it is important to realign the feet first.
Book All 3 Workshops for only £45 or 1 workshop for £20. Just choose the first workshop and select pass.Purchase Purchase Purchase