This class incorporates vinyasa style Yoga, music and breath work to give you a class that embraces your senses on every level. You will leave your day behind as you begin to move very much focusing on the breath. Some Yoga experience preferred. A fantastic partner class to an Ashtanga practice, this class will really help you build strength in your legs, core and flexibility in hips and upper back. We usually finish with pranayama and meditation.
What to expect in a Vinyasa Flow class
- Vinyasa is the linking of postures and is an essential and creative element of this style of Yoga.
- Unlike Ashtanga this style of Yoga does not follow a set sequence. Instead it may follow a theme such as backbends, balances, hip stretches or inversions.
- You can expect a strong emphasis on strength, core work and flexibility as well as an element of pranayama and meditation.
- Music is usually played and we try to have live music every few months in the Saturday class from talented musicians. This is a challenging, energising and often deeply moving practice.
- We recommend that students at this level are practicing 2 to 3 times a week.
What are the benefits of Vinyasa Flow
- This class will energise you and help you develop a sense of physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
- The class continues to build on the foundations from the Beginners Yoga and will enhance strength, flexibility and stamina.
- Our main focus in this class is teaching from the breath which allows for a calmness and focus and develops a flowing energy to your Yoga practice.
- Classes taught by Nichi
- Tuesdays 6.30pm-7.30pm Livestreaming on zoom and in studio
- Wednesdays 12.30pm-1.15pm On Zoom and in studio
- Saturdays 10am-11.15am livestreaming now on zoom only from 7th August.
- Sunday mornings ( see schedule) in studio and on zoom monthly
- This flowing class is aimed students who have a regular Yoga practice.