Yamuna body rolling is the perfect sister practice to yoga. We roll on specially designed balls, stimulating the bone and releasing muscles, to create space, realign and soften fascia. Perfect for those with problem areas or injuries.
It is a wonderful practice for levels of experience. A good beginning is to try our 4 week Yamuna body rolling course and look out for our monthly Yamuna workshops which focus on different areas of the body.
What to expect in our Yamuna class
- This technique uses a set of specifically designed balls to stimulate bone and release tension from muscles, fascia and ligaments.
- You will be slowly moving parts of your body on the ball in a massaging type way. Building awareness, strength and control.
- We will always roll the legs and back and you can expect focus on shoulders and neck as these are the areas where we hold most tension.
- Created by yoga teacher Yamuna Zake, there are only a handful of Yamuna practitioners in the UK and Nichi is dedicated to bringing this fantastic bodywork to her Yoga students
What are the benefits of Yamuna Body Rolling
- Body Rolling works quickly in a very detailed and focused way.
- Excellent if you have specific problems/ injuries or recurrent body tension.
- This class is great if you find that you have certain postures that you feel quite stuck with in your yoga practice.
- Your alignment will improve as well as your ability to breathe more deeply and freely.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy and of your body from taking this class.
- You will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
- No classes currently running, please see Yamuna Online Course
- Suitable for all levels from 18 years. Especially great if you have a lot of tension/ discomfort in legs, back or shoulders.
- Please discuss any injuries or medical conditions with the teacher prior to starting class. Nichi can often show you specific routines that can help. Suitable for Pregnancy from 2nd Trimester.
Go to schedule to book