Yin Yoga is a practice where seated postures are held for several minutes. Deeply meditative and relaxing it gives us an opportunity to be still and really focus inwards. This brings a sense of harmony and peace. This class is suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Yin Yoga class
- A series of long held, floor based postures supported by yoga props for extra comfort and release.
- Mentally this practice can be challenging.
- Physically you will meet areas of the body where you hold both physical and emotional tension.
- As you stay in these poses slowly this tightness starts to soften and dissolve. This can be incredibly powerful and nurturing.
What are the benefits of Yin Yoga
- Perfect if you want to improve your flexibility and balance your very Yang active lifestyle.
- Yin Yoga gives us the opportunity to stay with our experiences and really take notice of what’s going on rather than rushing and striving to get somewhere.
- We relax muscular tissue.
- We start to create change in the connective tissues of our body (which take a long time to change)
- We become aware of the fluctuations of the mind, emotions and breath.
- We learn to pay attentions to how things are without reacting.
- Yin Yoga is on Sundays at 6pm -7pm with Gerry or Sarah
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring blankets and warm layers for relaxation.
- If practicing at home it is useful to have yoga blocks/ books, cushions/ bolster.
- This class is suitable for all levels
- Not suitable for pregnancy in third trimester.
Revive and Relax– Saturday 22nd May 12pm-2pm
A full Body Rolling experience including feet, legs, torso and face. All levels welcome. Equipment provided. Discover a more deeply relaxed, centred, aligned and tension free self in this fantastic workshop. we start from the feet and work our way up using different sized balls. We finish with a 20 minute face sequence and a deep relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat, a pillow and a blanket with you.
The Pelvis Part 1- Saturday 5th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on bones, lifting and spreading and activation
The Pelvis Part 2- Saturday 26th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on muscles around pelvis and into hips
. Join Nichi for this very important Yamuna Body Rolling Work. Working on the pelvis allows for many other areas of the body to also change and realign.You will find that the sides of the pelvis are never aligned with each other,
*because people use them differently. These differences are what cause the many types of imbalance that result in pain and chronic pelvic and hip problems.
* People almost always bear more weight into one side of the pelvis than the other.
* One hip is usually higher than the other.
*One hip is farther back or farther forward than the other.
* Other habitual postural patterns, as well as patterns in work, sports, and hobbies, also contribute to pelvis imbalances.
Additional contributing factors:
* Pregnancies and postpartum conditions of the pelvis
In addition, chronic weight-bearing from the upper body—whether correctly aligned or
not—exerts excessive pressure down into the pelvis.
Pelvis work is as important for both men and women. It will help maintain a solid pelvic foundation throughout life. The hips are one area where people often get stuck. The routines that follow address the areas of the pelvis
that take the most impact during standing, walking, and running, and where it is easiest to access the bone and improve its quality.
In both workshops we will start with foot alignment and activation as it is important to realign the feet first.
Book All 3 Workshops for only £45 or 1 workshop for £20. Just choose the first workshop and select pass.Purchase Purchase Purchase