Yin Yoga is a practice where seated postures are held for several minutes. Deeply meditative and relaxing it gives us an opportunity to be still and really focus inwards. This brings a sense of harmony and peace. This class is suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Yin Yoga class
- A series of long held, floor based postures supported by yoga props for extra comfort and release.
- Mentally this practice can be challenging.
- Physically you will meet areas of the body where you hold both physical and emotional tension.
- As you stay in these poses slowly this tightness starts to soften and dissolve. This can be incredibly powerful and nurturing.
What are the benefits of Yin Yoga
- Perfect if you want to improve your flexibility and balance your very Yang active lifestyle.
- Yin Yoga gives us the opportunity to stay with our experiences and really take notice of what’s going on rather than rushing and striving to get somewhere.
- We relax muscular tissue.
- We start to create change in the connective tissues of our body (which take a long time to change)
- We become aware of the fluctuations of the mind, emotions and breath.
- We learn to pay attentions to how things are without reacting.
- Yin + Restore Yoga is on Sundays at 4.45pm-6pm with Gerry or Sarah
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring blankets and warm layers for relaxation.
- If practicing at home it is useful to have yoga blocks/ books, cushions/ bolster.
- This class is suitable for all levels
- Not suitable for pregnancy in third trimester.