For students ready to move on from a Beginners Class. This class will look more in depth at Primary Series including back-bending and the finishing sequence. To join this class you must have a good practice up to at least Navasana in Primary Series.
What to expect from our Ashtanga Improvers class
- Our main focus in this class is teaching from the breath which allows for a calmness and focus and develops a flowing energy to your Yoga practice.
- This flowing class is aimed students who have a regular Yoga practice. It requires an understanding of breath, bhandas and a good knowledge of the first half of Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series.
- This class is dynamic and invigorating and will often be traditionally counted with hands on adjustments from the teacher.
- The class will lead through most of the Primary Series, sometimes exploring postures from Intermediate Series and Inversions.
- Students are expected to take more ownership of their practice and listen to their bodies.
- We recommend that students at this level are practicing 2 to 3 times a week.
Benefits of our improvers Ashtanga class
- Yoga develops all round health, flexibility, strength and balance.
- Great for building stamina and strength with specific techniques for accessing trickier postures.
- This class will energise you and help you develop a sense of physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
- The class continues to build on the foundations from the Beginners Yoga and will enhance strength, flexibility and stamina.
Classes: Mondays Live Broadcast 7.30pm-8.45pm with Sarah
Price: £9 or use your Monthly Online Pass- £25
Who Should Join
Students with a regular Yoga practice or those who have been attending our Beginners Yoga regularly for at least 3 months and who are practicing at least twice a week. Please discuss any injuries or medical conditions with the teacher prior to starting class. Suitable for Pregnancy from 2nd Trimester if you already have a well established Ashtanga practice.
Moving from this class
Students are encouraged to try a Mysore class once familiar with the Primary Series or when teacher feels you are ready. It’s also beneficial to try a Vinyasa Flow class which will further enhance your strength, focus and meditation practice and give you an opportunity to try new postures.