Join Alex for a burst of Ashtanga perfect for that Friday feeling. Based on the Primary Series this Ashtanga class will offer a good all round sequence for a dynamic but not too challenging yoga session suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Ashtanga class
- Uplift your energy, stamina and strength through the key postures from the Primary series
- The class follows a set sequence of movements, starting with sun salutations to warm the body
- The class then moves through standing poses, then to seated, all linked with the breath and vinyasas
- Small group teaching means you will get plenty of attention and encouragement.
The benefits of Ashtanga Yoga
- Ashtanga builds strength and flexibility
- The set sequence of the class means that true focus on breath is easier, making it a very mindful practice.
- Ashtanga based set sequence classes provide a wonderful chance to see personal progress
Class: Friday morning 11am-12.15pm at our Studio in Meanwood, Leeds
Price: Drop in £7 or use your class pass
A trained contemporary dancer Alex decided to follow her passion for Ashtanga Yoga and trained with Nichi in 2016. Having attended regular Ashtanga Yoga sessions for 14 years she realised the merits of the yoga disciplines for both her mental and physical wellbeing, particularly as a mother and carer to young children.
Who Should Join
Newbies, oldies, students.. need a burst of energy? Had a heavy week? Come and shake off the blues with this lovely practice.
Pregnancy & Post Natal
Not suitable for late pregnancy or for pregnant ladies who have not done yoga before.