Yoga For Children 6 to 11 yrs old. Incorporating Yoga, storytelling, drama games, movement and relaxation this is an imaginative and wonderful class. Children will learn asanas and develop co-ordination, balance and strength as well as stimulating their creativity and building confidence with pair and group work.
What to expect for your child in kids yoga
- Learning sun salutations, asana, group games and always ending with relaxation this class will encourage children to learn and explore through movement.
- We will always finish with relaxation and group sharing.
- Children are natural Yogis and love the physical language that Yoga gives them.
- Children are much more in touch with an ability to physically express and explore how they are feeling, this is a big part of class, helping them to build and maintain these life skills as they get older.
- Snacks provided.
- There will be a sharing at the end of each term for parents.
- Find out a little more about our kids yoga on this video.
Class: runs term time only. New dates for 2020 will be announced once we are open again.
Students are expected to commit to a full 10 week term.
Keep an eye on our virtual studio timetable for free kids yoga classes.
Location: All classes are held at our beautiful Chapel on Meanwood Road, Leeds. Parking is available in our car park and at the front of the building for up to 2 hours. Outside office hours you can park at the back or in the car park across the road.
Who Should Join
Children aged between 6 and 11 years. Parents do not need to stay for class but you may wish to stay for first time for younger children. Please let us know in advance of any medical problems. If your child is gluten free/ vegan then please bring a snack for them.