For ladies in their 2nd and third trimester this class is designed specifically for your pregnancy and is suitable for beginners. This class will nurture and support you throughout your pregnancy. You couldn’t be in better hands, Krissy is a mum of 3 and has been teaching Pregnancy and postnatal Yoga for over 14 years.
What to expect in our Pregnancy Yoga class
- Before each class begins, the tutor will talk individually to each woman to help assess your individual needs and help you to tailor the yoga practice accordingly.
- The class is a mixture of gentle yoga postures, pelvic floor exercises, breathing practices useful for birth and mindfulness, all designed to support your pregnancy journey.
The benefits of pregnancy yoga
- Pregnancy yoga attends to common complaints felt during pregnancy, such as back ache, heartburn and pelvic girdle pain
- Gives you tools useful for birth.
- Step out of your busy life and find the time to connect with your body and baby.
- Feel the benefits of breathing more deeply.
- Helps you move with greater ease, using postures that help you feel more spacious and relaxed.
- Attending regularly throughout your pregnancy will help you to feel more relaxed, calmer and confident about your pregnancy and birth.
- Whenever you come and at whatever stage of your pregnancy you are, you will feel the benefits of pregnancy yoga.
Class: Not running during current Pandemic
Please contact Krissy re 1:1s and online classes
Mum of 3 Krissy has been teaching pregnancy yoga at the studio since we opened in 2004!! Her gentle and reassuring manner and her extensive knowledge of yoga, pregnancy and parenting will help guide and support you at this exciting and wondrous time. You can contact her if you have any questions. She is always happy to help;
All classes are held at our beautiful Chapel on Meanwood Road, Leeds. Parking is available in our car park and at the front of the building for up to 2 hours. Outside office hours you can park at the back or in the car park across the road.
Who Should Join
The pregnancy yoga class is suitable from 14 weeks until full term and for all experience and abilities of yoga, including complete beginners. Pregnancy is a very special time and the classes seek to respect and honour this with a special practise of yoga that aims to support the body on its own unique journey through the many changes that pregnancy brings and in preparation for childbirth.
Moving on from this class
We have Baby Yoga and postnatal Yoga Classes once your baby has arrived. You can bring baby from 6 weeks and use your class pass if you have any classes left over.