Yin Yoga is a practice where seated postures are held for several minutes. Deeply meditative and relaxing it gives us an opportunity to be still and really focus inwards. This brings a sense of harmony and peace. This class is suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Yin Yoga class
- A series of long held, floor based postures supported by yoga props for extra comfort and release.
- Mentally this practice can be challenging.
- Physically you will meet areas of the body where you hold both physical and emotional tension.
- As you stay in these poses slowly this tightness starts to soften and dissolve. This can be incredibly powerful and nurturing.
What are the benefits of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga gives us the opportunity to stay with our experiences and really take notice of what’s going on rather than rushing and striving to get somewhere.
- We relax muscular tissue.
- We start to create change in the connective tissues of our body (which take a long time to change)
- We become aware of the fluctuations of the mind, emotions and breath.
- We learn to pay attentions to how things are without reacting.
Class details: Yin Yoga is broadcast live every Sunday with Gerry 5.30pm-6.30pm
A recording of this class is repeated on a Thursday 5.15pm-6.15pm
What to wear: Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a blanket or warm layers for relaxation.
If you’re in love with yin yoga, and looking to deepen your understanding of the practice we are hosting a wonderful training session in August. Find out more – Yin Yoga Training.
Who Should Join
Want to improve your flexibility and balance your very Yang, active lifestyle? Are you always rushing around? Take this class. All levels welcome.