Yin Yoga is a practice where seated postures are held for several minutes. Deeply meditative and relaxing it gives us an opportunity to be still and really focus inwards. This brings a sense of harmony and peace. This class is suitable for all levels.
What to expect in our Yin Yoga class
- A series of long held, floor based postures supported by yoga props for extra comfort and release.
- Mentally this practice can be challenging.
- Physically you will meet areas of the body where you hold both physical and emotional tension.
- As you stay in these poses slowly this tightness starts to soften and dissolve. This can be incredibly powerful and nurturing.
What are the benefits of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga gives us the opportunity to stay with our experiences and really take notice of what’s going on rather than rushing and striving to get somewhere.
- We relax muscular tissue.
- We start to create change in the connective tissues of our body (which take a long time to change)
- We become aware of the fluctuations of the mind, emotions and breath.
- We learn to pay attentions to how things are without reacting.
Class details: Yin Yoga Sundays at 6pm -7pm.
This class will also be broadcasted live via zoom.
What to wear: Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a blanket or warm layers for relaxation.
To book an In studio Class go to Purchase
Who Should Join
Want to improve your flexibility and balance your very Yang, active lifestyle? Are you always rushing around? Take this class. All levels welcome.