Yoga Nidra and Crystal Bowl Sound Bath with Emma Leaf
Relax your body and mind as Emma guide’s you through a deeply restorative, insightful, illuminating, nature inspired Yoga Nidra followed by a Crystal Singing Bowl and Gong Sound Bath and Kirtan Meditation on the Universal sound of Om and Mantra Shanti for worldwide Peace.
Yoga Nidra enables you to relax fully and consciously in a short period of time. It will leave you fully rested, rejuvenated, calm and free of stress.
Emma’s sound baths are really special with a full set of Chakra tuned Crystal Singing Bowls, shamanic healing instruments, chimes and a beautiful transformative Gong!
Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) is a wonderful deep relaxation which supports your asana (physical yoga) practise and helps you find deep rest and stillness, reducing daily stress by teaching pratyahara – turning attention inward for your own healing awareness and dharana – concentration, meditation to deepen your yoga.
We will start with light seated stretches to prepare the body, sense into our intention with ancient mantra, then lay down in Shavasana (corpse pose) with soft blankets and as many pillows as you wish to deeply rest your body while you are guided through a journey of great inner discovery.
The 8 stages of the Yoga Nidra Practice:
1) Internalization / Relaxation – preliminary preparation of the body.
2) Affirmation (Sankalpa) – A personal goal previously decided upon is declared silently. 3) Rotation of Consciousness – the consciousness is taken on a tour of the whole body in a structured fashion.
4) Respiration awareness – a period of awareness of the breath at special positions in the body.
5) Manifestations of Opposites – pairs of feelings and emotions are experienced.
6) Creative Visualization – Various Archetypal images are visualized mentally.
7) Affirmation (Sankalpa) is repeated and, now in a highly suggestible state of consciousness, is programmed into the subconscious mind.
8.) Externalization / Return to Full Awareness – a careful and gradual return to a normal state.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
Immediate physical benefits, such as reduced stress and better sleep
brings an incredible calmness, quietness and clarity
has the potential to heal psychological wounds
joy and well-being
one of the deepest of all meditations, leading awareness through many levels of mental process to a state of supreme stillness and insight
aids emotional healing
Connect internally, and find a sense of calm in the mind and body, releasing muscle tension, lower blood pressure, slow down heart rate and regulate breathing. It’s rejuvenating and a great way to re-charge your batteries after a busy week.
Emma trained with Uma Dinsmore – Tuli in 2012 and passionately shares Yoga Nidra as a transformative meditation and healing tool that can allow access to understand and renew your whole body and life.
She is also a fully trained and certified Yoga Teacher with Sun Power Yoga & Rainbow Kids Yoga teacher. Meditation leader, Holsitic therapist, Reiki master and Mum of two super boys.
Investment: £12 drop in or students £8
Who Should Join
Need to relax? Had a busy week? Have problems sleeping? This is the perfect class for you. All levels welcome.
Pregnancy & Post Natal
This workshop is fine for all levels of pregnancy.