Yamuna body rolling is the perfect sister practice to yoga. We roll on specially designed balls, stimulating the bone and releasing muscles, to create space, realign and soften fascia. Perfect for those with problem areas or injuries.
Join Nichi and experience this unique and wonderful practice with her workshops throughout the summer. See below for dates and details.
It is a wonderful practice for levels of experience. A good beginning is to try our 4 week Yamuna body rolling course and look out for our monthly Yamuna workshops which focus on different areas of the body.
What to expect in our Yamuna Workshop
- This technique uses a set of specifically designed balls to stimulate bone and release tension from muscles, fascia and ligaments.
- You will be slowly moving parts of your body on the ball in a massaging type way. Building awareness, strength and control.
- We will always roll the legs and back and you can expect focus on shoulders and neck as these are the areas where we hold most tension.
- Created by yoga teacher Yamuna Zake, there are only a handful of Yamuna practitioners in the UK and Nichi is dedicated to bringing this fantastic bodywork to her Yoga students
What are the benefits of Yamuna Body Rolling
- Body Rolling works quickly in a very detailed and focused way.
- Excellent if you have specific problems/ injuries or recurrent body tension.
- This workshop is great if you find that you have certain postures that you feel quite stuck with in your yoga practice.
- Your alignment will improve as well as your ability to breathe more deeply and freely.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy and of your body and how to take care of it.
- You will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
- Suitable for all levels from 18 years. Especially great if you have a lot of tension/ discomfort in legs, back or shoulders.
- Please discuss any injuries or medical conditions with the teacher prior to starting class. Nichi can often show you specific routines that can help. Some workshops may not be suitable during pregnancy. Email us first to check. email@example.com
Revive and Relax– Saturday 22nd May 12pm-2pm
A full Body Rolling experience including feet, legs, torso and face. All levels welcome. Equipment provided. Discover a more deeply relaxed, centred, aligned and tension free self in this fantastic workshop. we start from the feet and work our way up using different sized balls. We finish with a 20 minute face sequence and a deep relaxation. Please bring a yoga mat, a pillow and a blanket with you.
The Pelvis Part 1- Saturday 5th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on bones, lifting and spreading and activation
The Pelvis Part 2- Saturday 26th June 12pm-1.30pm– Working on muscles around pelvis and into hips
. Join Nichi for this very important Yamuna Body Rolling Work. Working on the pelvis allows for many other areas of the body to also change and realign.You will find that the sides of the pelvis are never aligned with each other,
*because people use them differently. These differences are what cause the many types of imbalance that result in pain and chronic pelvic and hip problems.
* People almost always bear more weight into one side of the pelvis than the other.
* One hip is usually higher than the other.
*One hip is farther back or farther forward than the other.
* Other habitual postural patterns, as well as patterns in work, sports, and hobbies, also contribute to pelvis imbalances.
Additional contributing factors:
* Pregnancies and postpartum conditions of the pelvis
In addition, chronic weight-bearing from the upper body—whether correctly aligned or
not—exerts excessive pressure down into the pelvis.
Pelvis work is as important for both men and women. It will help maintain a solid pelvic foundation throughout life. The hips are one area where people often get stuck. The routines that follow address the areas of the pelvis
that take the most impact during standing, walking, and running, and where it is easiest to access the bone and improve its quality.
In both workshops we will start with foot alignment and activation as it is important to realign the feet first.
Book All 3 Workshops for only £45 or 1 workshop for £20. Just choose the first workshop and select pass.Purchase Purchase Purchase