Yamuna body rolling is the perfect sister practice to yoga. We roll on specially designed balls, stimulating the bone and releasing muscles, to create space, realign and soften fascia. Perfect for those with problem areas or injuries.
Join Nichi and experience this unique and wonderful practice with her workshops throughout the summer. See below for dates and details.
It is a wonderful practice for all levels of experience.
What to expect in our Yamuna Workshop
- This technique uses a set of specifically designed balls to stimulate bone and release tension from muscles, fascia and ligaments.
- You will be slowly moving parts of your body on the ball in a massaging type way. Building awareness, strength and control.
- We will always roll the legs and back and you can expect focus on shoulders and neck as these are the areas where we hold most tension.
- Created by yoga teacher Yamuna Zake, there are only a handful of active Yamuna practitioners in the UK and Nichi is one of them.
What are the benefits of Yamuna Body Rolling
- Body Rolling works quickly in a very detailed and focused way.
- Excellent if you have specific problems/ injuries or recurrent body tension.
- This workshop is great if you find that you have certain postures that you feel quite stuck with in your yoga practice.
- Your alignment will improve as well as your ability to breathe more deeply and freely.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy and of your body and how to take care of it.
- You will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
The Neck and Back
With some many of us on computers and phones these days- tech neck is becoming a real issue. This workshop focuses on releasing the muscles around the back and shoulders so that we can get into realigning and releasing the neck. Often the head is forwards and the back of the neck muscles overworked. When the head is out of alignment, the shoulders also are and the front of the body begins to close in causing extra work in the muscles of the back and lack of mobility in shoulders.
This workshop is a must if you work on computers a lot or are a phone addict!!
These workshops are open to everyone.
Check out Nichi’s monthly Yoga + Yamuna classes on the first Monday of every month 8pm-9:30pm.
- This workshop takes place at The Baptist Church, 378 Meanwood Road. LS7 2JF.
Suitable for all levels from 18 years. Especially great if you have a lot of tension/ discomfort in legs, back or shoulders.
Please discuss any injuries or medical conditions with the teacher prior to starting class. Nichi can often show you specific routines that can help. Some workshops may not be suitable during pregnancy. Email us first to check. [email protected]
Investment: £20 each Workshop.