Yamuna body rolling is the perfect sister practice to yoga. We roll on specially designed balls, stimulating the bone and releasing muscles, to create space, realign and soften fascia. Perfect for those with problem areas or injuries.
Join Nichi and experience this unique and wonderful practice with her workshops throughout the summer. See below for dates and details.
It is a wonderful practice for levels of experience. A good beginning is to try our 4 week Yamuna body rolling course and look out for our monthly Yamuna workshops which focus on different areas of the body.
What to expect in our Yamuna Workshop
- This technique uses a set of specifically designed balls to stimulate bone and release tension from muscles, fascia and ligaments.
- You will be slowly moving parts of your body on the ball in a massaging type way. Building awareness, strength and control.
- We will always roll the legs and back and you can expect focus on shoulders and neck as these are the areas where we hold most tension.
- Created by yoga teacher Yamuna Zake, there are only a handful of Yamuna practitioners in the UK and Nichi is dedicated to bringing this fantastic bodywork to her Yoga students
What are the benefits of Yamuna Body Rolling
- Body Rolling works quickly in a very detailed and focused way.
- Excellent if you have specific problems/ injuries or recurrent body tension.
- This workshop is great if you find that you have certain postures that you feel quite stuck with in your yoga practice.
- Your alignment will improve as well as your ability to breathe more deeply and freely.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy and of your body and how to take care of it.
- You will leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Shoulders are tricky- often misaligned, tense muscles around the joint and we carry so much stress there!! Yamuna is fantastic for creating space in the joint and allowing you to discover better mobility, posture and ease not only in the shoulder but also the upper torso and neck. This workshop is a must if you work for long periods at a computer. Years of bad posture can affect our mobility but also cause our front body to collapse which has an impact on our digestion, circulation and general health and wellbeing.
In this workshop we work all around the joint, between the shoulderblades and thoracic spine. You will feel your mood and your energy lift but also feel very calm and relaxed. Nichi will show you quick shoulder relaeses you can do on the balls at anytime.
Workshops Cancellation Policy-14 days notice- full refund less 20 percent admin fee. Less than 14 days notice no refund. Please keep an eye on our website for upcoming workshops and information.We will email anyone that has already signed up / paid. If we cancel a workshop then you receive a full refund.