Yoga and meditation are amazing ways to relieve stress and anxiety. You can really let go of worries and focus in on yourself.
Stress can wreak havoc on your immune system and it’s important to nurture a strong immune system.
Make yoga and meditation a daily habit to keep your immune system strong and resilient. In addition, incorporate these immune boosting practices into your daily life:
Our top tips to help reduce stress and boost your immune system
- Try and move and do some yoga or breathing practice daily. Our classes are currently online – you can see them here.
- Yoga and meditation lower stress levels and helps your immune system.
- Get outside…Walks in the fresh air increase your vitamin D levels that support the immune system.
- Drink lots of water. Add fresh lemon juice to your water which helps get rid of virions from your throat and mouth.
- Avoid sugar, this lowers the immune system. Consider a few dark chocolate squares with a 70% or higher ratio of cacao in the bar for your sweet tooth.
- Make 8 hours of sleep a big priority.
- Up your intake of dark leafy green veggies and freshly made green juices.
- Use lavender and essential oils for stress relief and for antibacterial use. Tee tree is a natural antiseptic.You can use it to make your own hand sanitiser. Use oil burners around the house to help you relax.
- Stay informed with the news but also don’t overload your nervous system with panic and fear. Remember stress lowers your immune system.
- Taking time to slow your breathing down and breathe through your nose will lower your stress levels considerably.
Yoga Practice to boost immunity and relieve stress;
This is a wonderful short practice to do at the end of the day to help you unwind and sleep better. Hold each posture for 10 to 20 breaths breathing through your nose with steady, even breaths.
Want to start your home practice? See our blog here.
A wonderful pose to help relieve tension in the upper back and shoulders.
You can modify by just doing one arm at a time and straightening the bottom leg. Sit on blocks or a bolster/ cushion to help elevate the pelvis.
Forward bends are naturally very calming for the nervous system but can be tricky if you have tight hips and hamstrings. Elevate your pelvis as you need to with cushion or blocks and bend knees if necessary. Use a pillow under your torso and soften shoulders and relax neck.
3. Traction Shoulder Stretch
Another wonderful pose to release tension from the upper back
and shoulders. We love this one!!
Whatever is going on this pose has a way of making everything right! It is one of the simplest and most effective ways yoga can relieve stress & anxiety. Put extra support under the torso if you need it and cushions between your bum and your heels if your hips are tight.
5. And Relax…
Time out – rest. Make sure you are warm enough and take at least a 15 minute Savasana. Let go of the breath. Relax
at 378 Meanwood Road